Tuesday 15 January 2013

TRAVEL - Korea (Seoul) Part 1

Hello.. Oh great! my first virgin post...
Today's topic shall be on TRAVEL.. ( Korea Seoul)

Been to Korea for four times in two years, so guess its time I shall shared,  my whole travel experience with you guys. I will touched on places to visit for shopping, food and of course many other great experience slowly....

Firstly, getting to Korea Seoul by airplane, I have taken the Korea Air and Singapore Airlines , flight time about 7 hours or so.. Both airlines has got great service and comfortable seating and good movies to keep me, out of boredom. Korea Air has got bimbibap ( Korean mixed rice) which I so love it.. Air ticket price varies from time to time. Look out for promotion from Singapore Airlines, it can be as cheap as $700 sing! Which its a really good price. Because normally my air ticket price is around 1k sing. Oh and don't forget to get insurance for your travel!

The seasons that I went was twice in winters, once in spring and once in autumn.. ( I love the cold weather that Singapore doesn't have, so I don't plan to go in summer.. )

Seoul Incheon international airport is a real beauty! World-class airport!

Once I stayed in a hostel, called A travelers,  which I totally don't recommend because of  the bad location of the hostel and the price is not as cheap as I thought it was.. Therefore the next three times that I went, I have decided to stay in hotels.. Be it 3 or 4 stars. Its clean , suited in a good location and reasonable pricing.. Unless you really find yourself a good hostel, if not staying in a 3 or 4 star hotel in Seoul is equally cheap and great experience as in a hostel.

Hotels - Sinchon at noon (3 star)
           - Acacia Hotel (4star)
           - Nox Boutique (3star)
These are the hotels that I have stayed before.

Shopping is a must in Korea.. Be it clothes , bags or skincare!
Basically everywhere you can find something to buy.
women wear , wholesales, Dongnaemun. If you are looking for gifts to bring back, packed in bulk, or wholesales stuff check out,  Namdaemun... Best is to also stock up on your skincare, from face shop , skin food, nature republic and other major brands . Its so much cheaper to get it in Korea then in Singapore, as cheap, as less then 50% then you get it in Singapore! Trust me , you will go crazy shopping in Korea for their home brand skincare!

Food, of course when you are there! Kimchi, ginsheng chicken soup, bimbibap, Korean BBQ and the list goes on! Cheap food , great finds!
There's a Korean BBQ buffet with plenty of meats located at Sinchon area, only 8000₩! Street food is also, a must to try . I even went to a western dining restaurant to taste what's it like in Seoul. But the price is a little bit expensive , well you are on a holiday, so it is good to be able to try all kinds of food available there!

Everything about Korea , is worth coming for and going back to! Never a day bored or wrong when you are in Korea! Trust me!!


End of part 1.... To be continued.... With more photos and places and experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment