Wednesday 13 March 2013

LIFE - ARMY

Every Singaporean son.. Sounds familiar? Guess to all Singaporean, it is!

Today 13 march 2013 , was the day that I went together to send my friend brother off to army , off the shores of Singapore , Pulau Tekong , BMTC.... That's the military school to train the recruits.
Its my first time there, as I have never send any boys off to army before. I would say its a eye-opener scene. We were shown a small portion of the base, the recruits bunk room and witness them taking the oath , also we get to try the food, ha ha , so called food tasting and were allowed to take pictures.




the army food, that we taste! yes its nothing fancy or nice to shout about! But I can say it is very healthy with little salt added, it is what I guess suitable for the boys in army. Don't know if I was too hungry , I finish the whole plate of food.



The view of the BMTC from a distance at Pulau Tekong.

we were allowed to take photso with him, he is wearing the full set of what they should be wearing! So cool!

Had a very interesting and a tired day! But it was a great feeling sending a boy to army! Feeling a little sad, but excited for my friend brother. Although it may be heart-wrenching for some parents, but it is really the start of a great future and training for the boys!

Recently went and watch the movie 'Ah boys to men" , it has given us a really good view of what army seem like, what our brothers, fathers, sons, friends or boyfriends are or have went through in the army. This movie has also given us a good laugh! Those who have not catch this movie, get the DVDs and watch it! You will not regret it!

Proud of the boys of Singapore!

No comments:

Post a Comment